Animal Chiropractic offers non-surgical, drug-free options for correcting bone, disc, and soft-tissue disorders related to altered spinal alignment and movement. When vertebrae are involved in trauma, or wear and tear, the joints between them become jammed, often affecting the nerves in these congested areas. Since the nerves are the communication links between these joints and brain and spinal cord, messages to the rest of the body become interrupted, leading to pain and reduced function. Animal Chiropractic focuses on the restoration and preservation of health by removing communication barriers and restoring normal function.
This therapy is not limited to injured or sick pets. Healthy and athletic animals are also candidates for chiropractic examination and care. Maintaining proper structural alignment permits optimal function of the muscles, nerves and tissues supporting the joints, resulting in improved movement, agility, endurance, and flexibility. Chiropractic works well alongside traditional veterinary care, as a complement, rather than an alternative.
Most animals accept the exam and adjustments, without pain. When a painful area is found, the doctor will use the gentlest techniques to reduce pain before delivering an adjustment. In cases of acute or extreme pain, the doctor will often delay the complete adjustment until your companion can be relaxed. In any case, adjustments involve subtle movement, not drastic or violent at all!
Some animals show immediate improvement; most animals show visible improvement after 1-3 treatments. Sometimes there is a 24-48 hour period of tiredness. Acute problems often respond quickly, while longstanding problems take longer. Chronic conditions respond well to regular supportive treatment every 2-6 months. Working and performance animals can benefit from regular check-ups so that problems can be identified and treated before they impact performance.
Some reasons your animal would need a Veterinary Chiropractor:
- Neck, back, leg, and tail pain
- Muscle spasms and nerve problems
- Injuries from slips, falls, and accidents
- Jaw or TMJ problems, difficulty chewing
- Event or sports injuries
- Post-surgical care
- Bowel, bladder, and internal medicine disorders
- Maintenance of joint and spinal health
- Healing/helping with chronic internal medicine disorders
Some Symptoms would include:
- Lameness, trouble getting up and down, athletic competitions
- Surgery involving anesthesia, seizures or neurological problems, recovery from illness or injury
- Geriatric household pet with behavior or mood change
- Chronic health problems that do not resolve as expected
- Athletic/competitive animal
- Laser Therapy is an FDA-cleared modality that reduces inflammation and that results in pain reduction. Laser Therapy is effective in treating acute pain, chronic conditions, and post-operative pain.Laser therapy treatment is safe, painless and fast. Treatments to deeper tissues are administered in 5 to 10 minutes. Typically, even chronic patients exhibit improvement after 3 to 5 treatment sessions. Laser therapy utilizes the body’s own healing powers by stimulating cellular activity. Despite short treatment times, laser therapy treatments initiate a healing process that continues to actively reduce inflammation for up to 24 hours after treatment.
Laser therapy is used for many acute and chronic conditions such as:
sprains and strains
degenerative joint disease